Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Update

At school on Friday, the kids had a fun after-school treat to celebrate the big FSU/ Oklahoma football weekend.  They had snowcones, face-painting and a dance party.  See Wrenn's picture below- she was really getting into the spirit!



Friday night, Hannah and Ansley spent the night with us because Kelly and I had to get up really early Saturday for our longest run yet (22 miles- last long one before the marathon on October 9th!) and Tony had to be in line at the tailgate lot by 6:45 am on Saturday.  The kiddos had so much fun- Hannah and Harris are both into the book series "Percy Jackon and the Lightning Thief"- it's about Greek gods, etc. and they love it!  So, they watched the movie, re-read some of their favorite parts of the books and pretended to be some of the gods and goddesses.  I don't have any pictures of Ansley because she had a party Friday night and didn't come over until 10:00 or so.

The "Percy Jackson" book fans
Doug was Super-Dad/ hubby on Saturday morning- he watched all 4 kids while we ran and Tony set up the tailgate.  They ate a million donuts, ran wild and had so much fun!  Then when Kelly and I got home from our long run, Doug got us cold drinks and yummy snacks and continued to watch the children while we relaxed on the back porch!  It was much appreciated by both of us.


Watching a movie and enjoying some yummy dip!






Saturday afternoon Wrenn and I went to enjoy some pool time with Camille, Katie-Scott and Mrs. Kathy while the boys got ready to go to the tailgate/ FSU-Oklahoma game.  We had fun and were kind of relieved to be at the cool pool instead of the hot tailgate!  Don't worry - we'll be ready for the next home game which will be over a month away- and we'll have some awesome visitors for that one too (MB, Taylor and maybe Mimi!)

Harris and Doug got to see Chief Osceola when they got to the game early- so cool!

Overall, a fun weekend.  And, I feel very relieved that Kelly and I got our 22 miler done and felt good when it was over.  Only 19 days until the marathon and we're both excited and a little anxious. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool pic with The Chief. Wrenn really got into the face painting, huh? I still am in awe - 22 miles?

    ReplyDelete