 |
Far too few moments like this- brotherly and sisterly love!
Harris has to give a presentation in front of his class today about diabetes- he did all of the work himself, including a powerpoint presentation (hello, I only learned how to do a powerpoint a few years ago at work!) Now, do I think it's the best project ever? No- but I am happy that he did it himself. Now don't get me wrong, he surely complained and belly-ached the entire time about how he needed help- other kids got more parent help, etc. but I tried to explain to him that if he doesn't learn to do things like this himself, it will only get worse- what happens in middle school, high school, etc. when he never learned to research and present information on his own? I did feel sorry for him this morning, I could tell he was nervous and not happy to be faced with this today- but I know he can do it- and at the end, he has a fun Grandparents' Day lunch at school to look foward to then a long relaxing week of Spring Break!
|
Wrenn has started shoving so many of her stuffed animals, pillows, pillow-pets, etc. in the bed with her, it's hard to find Wrenn! I couldn't resist taking this picture of the crowded bed! Too cute- and funny!
 |
Harris and PawPaw play Jenga
|
I am so happy that Pam and PawPaw were able to come in last night and are going to Grandparent's Day lunch at school today with the kiddos. Harris has actually never had a Grandparent's Day at school with grandparents in attendance so this is great! (somehow, Mom, Dad and special babysitters aren't quite the same!) I'm thinking he may not be so thrilled to have Grandparents at school by the time middle or high school comes? So I am very thankful that Pam and Paw Paw made the long drive yesterday! I wish all of the grandparents lived close enough to do this fun stuff more often! Since they don't, we will make the most of the fun times we do have!
Spring Break for the kiddos is next week and Doug and I have to work since it's the middle of the legislative session. However, my sweet Mama is coming (on her birthday!) to play with Harris and Wrenn for the week and we are so grateful! (the kids are too- since that means they don't have to wake up early every day for camp!) I am also excited to see MB and my cute nephew Taylor who arrive later this afternoon- looking forward to a fun weekend and Spring Break (at least for Mimi and the kids!)
Next we will try to plan Nana's summer visit and the kids will have all kinds of grandparent fun!
What a great time we had! I was actually nervous about Grand-Parents Day, but I don't think I embarrassed either of the chirren too badly.
ReplyDeleteThey are growing up so quickly - I hate that we do not get to see them more often.
I am starting to look into my summer visit, too.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait. I wish we lived closer so we could enjoy more of the kiddos activities. I agree with Mike - they are growing much too fast!
We were so blessed to have the opportunity to share in our precious grandchildren's education experience.....what a school and awesome teachers!
ReplyDeleteI do have the most wonderful husband in the world and so blessed with the children and grandchildren we share. So much fun the entire weekend....will be so thrilled for more opportunities to share in the future.