So I think I'll just start from New Year's or current and go backwards! For New Year's Eve, we just grilled steaks and each of the kids had a friend over so we shot fireworks and the neighbors did a huge fireworks display. Wrenn and her friend toasted the new year with some sparkling cider and watched the ball drop on TV !
Wrenn had so many sleepovers, some at our house and some at the other girls' houses but I don't really have pictures of them. Just trust me, she did not lack for anything social over the break!
And of course, we had a wonderful visit to Mississippi between Christmas and New Year's. I could fill this section up with a thousand pictures because that's about how many I took of the precious twins! We were able to see Aunt Marilyn, Aunt Joanie, of course our immediate family and spend lots of time playing with the babies!
Also, Pawpaw took Harris, Doug, Ty and Bryce on an awesome quail hunt. I think everyone had a great time, I know my two guys did!
A great visit- never long enough!
We had a nice relaxing Christmas- stocking, breakfast, mimosas, etc. Mimi joined us for a big part of the day and we were so glad she did!
The Greens came over on Christmas night and we played the oven mitts game- so much fun, but no pics because we were all so into the game!
We had a very fun-filled pre-Christmas few weeks also. Parties and dinners in Tallahassee, followed by a quick trip to Orlando. Our last trip to Wet and Wild before it closed after 39 years of business was great too! What a fun tradition that we need to continue- even if it will now have to be at a different location!
Also Taylor got to come spend a few days with us. Fun cousin time as well as a day of movies and lunch with Mimi!
We also had our annual Christmas party with all of the families at the Butlers. Great food, fun bonfire and awesome friends. The kids did a gift exchange and this year, the parents got in on the fun also!
Wrenn and her dance friends also had several Christmas dance activities - parade fun, a winter show, and a big sister/ little sister reveal / party!
Harris also played in a tennis tournament in early December. He did great for this being his first real tournament (and having to end up playing with dad's old racquet due to a broken string.) He barely lost his first match, won his second then had to go to a tiebreaker for the last match. It was a full day of tennis!
Also, the Gator game and the downtown getdown the night before where we saw Drivin n Cryin play and hung out with great friends!
Thanksgiving was nice and very low key. We started off the day with the Turkey Trot and Mimi joined us for a late lunch!
Oh, and we had a quick pizza lunch with MB, Taylor and Uncle Dan the day before Thanksgiving. They stopped to visit on the way to 30-A!
Ummmmm WOW, sis! Truly, such great pics but so many that I know I am gonna forget many comments I wanted to make. :) Giving it a shot - who is the schnauzer in the pic? WEW's christmas dance outfits are ADORABLE. I want you to please text me that pic of H and T on the stairs - love it! WHat is the blue and white sash WEW and her buds are wearing? Love that you got to see Drivin and Cryin and also love the shirt you wore to the UF game!! So cute! Ok so most o those are questions not comments. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteWhew! I'm exhausted after seeing / reading your post.
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time with y'all here in Mizippi!