 |
| Cute sweet girls swinging in the sun |
 |
| Harris and Kara kayaking |
 |
| Even the adults got in on the kayaking fun |
 |
TONS of dolphin- never get tired of seeing them!
So this Spring Break post is a little belated- sorry! We started off the first day of the kids' spring break with a day trip to St. Teresa beach with some of our great friends and their families. It was a gorgeous spring day and we all had so much fun. Lots of kayaking, sand play, boat rides, dolphin sightings, and yummy food- a beautiful day at the coast! Then I just thought it was so funny that the very next day the kiddos were off to see Mimi for the rest of their week out of school and they had SNOW! As you can see from these pictures, they loved the snow- despite their FL attire (can't beat snow play in shorts and flip flops!)
|

Since Doug and I had to work during Spring break, Mimi was kind enough to offer to have them come play with her for the week (Grandparent camp beats regular camp anyday!) They played in the snow, bottle-fed baby goats, played with numerous animals (puppies, birds, etc), celebrated Mimi's big 60th bday with her, and just got to relax a lot for a change!
 |
Wrenn with one of the baby goats- this may have been her favorite part!
Overall, they had a great time and Doug and I treated ourselves to a few dinners out and less Disney channel TV :-) We missed them but I think they loved the break- thank you Mimi!
Then this weekend we got to play some after we all got back in the swing of things with back to school, homework and rules! Saturday we took the boat out for the first time in 2013 and had a great day- no boat problems, Doug caught a trout for Easter lunch, we saw several manatee (my favorite) and we even got to help out another family whose boat was broken down.
 |
| Harris and his friend with Wrenn looking for manatee |
 |
| Hard to see- but these were 2 of the manatee we saw |
 |
| Yummy- Easter lunch! |
We had a happy Easter also- it was a beautiful day and the kiddos hunted for eggs, ate too much candy, built a fort, played basketball with their new Easter basketballs, did some yard work, etc. (knock on wood- but they have actually been getting along pretty well and playing together nicely!) I also got in my last long run before my race next weekend and that went well too!
|
 |
| Wrenn's new cool shades from the Easter bunny |
 |
Wrenn loves to organize her jelly beans by color- it cracks me up!
|
GREAT post, sis....I will now forgive the belatedness. :) SO cool to see all tohse dolphins and manatee too! As soon as we think our youngest kids are old enough, we MUST meet to swim with the manatee one weekend. I think they are so sweet too! The fresh trout lunch sounds amazing also...
ReplyDeleteDo I detect a little "obsessive / compulsive" tendancy with Wrennie? I like it - she's realted to the Harris'.
ReplyDeleteLove the fishing trip - sounds like lots 'o fun.
Looks like the chirren had a big time in Kentucky - from sun to snow and back again - WOW!!! I know they had lots to tell their friends at school. Glad everybody is back at home, though.