Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fun long weekend


Well- have I ever mentioned that I love a long weekend?  And so do the kiddos and Doug- an extra day of fun, to run errands, or just be lazy- what's not to love?


Wrenn dressed as an "old lady" Friday night

We had some fun this weekend building forts and watching movies.  Harris' basketball team (the Bulls and Harris is number 5) had their second game Friday night.  His team played his friend Nicholas' team and Harris' team was victorious- the boys had agreed that the winner got to choose the dinner spot for after the game and Harris chose Red Elephant.  So both families enjoyed a yummy dinner and fun in their game room post game. (side note on the basketball season so far- the Bulls are 1-1, lost their first game 21-10 then won pretty big Friday night so so far, so good and they are having fun.  Their coach even got them all matching red Bulls warm-up hoodies with their name and number on the back so at least they look good!)


Saturday morning, Doug and Harris went to a Father son baseball clinic at the high school in the neighborhood.  I obviously didn't attend so I don't have any pictures, but they said it was fun- hitting, pitching, fielding, etc.  Also, a delicious lunch and Harris got several autographs from some pro ball players and some FSU baseball players. 

While Doug and Harris were doing the baseball thing, Wrenn and I did some shopping then she went to her friend Faith's house for a playdate.  Also Saturday afternoon, Wrenn had her Girl Scout meeting and now she has begun her Girl Scout cookie sales- so get ready for a phone call solicitation!  She has really had fun with it so far and hit up the neighbors, our co-workers and friends- she even did a practice with Doug knocking on our door and giving her speech.


Saturday night, Doug and I had a grown up evening out for Stacey's birthday - they had a delicious and fun dinner at their house.  As always, great friends and a great night out!



Sunday, I took Harris and a friend to the FSU- Miami women's basketball game.  Fun game but the Noles lost by a three pointer at the buzzer.  The boys had fun watching the game and trying to catch t-shirts, etc. during the time-outs. 

While we were cheering on the Noles, Doug and Wrenn went "hunting".  Mostly they just wore camo and hung out in the woods- don't worry, nothing was shot!  Doug said they did see two deer though. 


Just thought this was funny- Wrenn likes to dress-up Daddy!

Overall a very relaxing, fun-filled weekend and I wish we could have three day weekends every weekend.

Oh, a side note- both of the kiddos brought home great report cards last week too.  Wrenn got all E's and S's (mostly E's) and great behavior/ citizenship report.   Harris made all As and Bs and has a goal to get to back to all As before the end of 5th grade, also to improve on the behavior side!

Harris' report card

Wrenn's report card

1 comment:

  1. Smart little kiddos, proud of them....and tell wrennie to call anytime. I am ready to make my order! :)

    ReplyDelete